What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover, or smile design, is a combination of dental treatments intended to enhance the overall appearance of a person’s smile. By performing multiple procedures within the same treatment plan, our dentists can address several cosmetic concerns at once. From chips and cracks to stains and misalignment, a smile makeover can transform a person’s teeth to create a smile they are proud to show off.
What Concerns Can a Smile Makeover Treat?
A customized smile design from our cosmetic dentistry team takes into account the unique facial structure of each patient. Based on their needs and cosmetic goals, one of our dentists will create a personalized treatment plan to help the patient achieve their desired results. A wide range of concerns can be addressed in a smile makeover, with some of the most common including:
- Stains and discolorations
- Chips and cracks
- Gaps between teeth
- Missing teeth
Depending on the patient’s individual needs, our dentists can determine the most appropriate options for their treatment plan.
What Are My Smile Makeover Options?
Every smile makeover is tailored to the specific concerns of the patient. Different combinations of treatments may be recommended based on what the patient hopes to address. A smile design can be composed of various general, cosmetic, or restorative solutions. Some of the most popular treatment options include:
What Is the Smile Design and Makeover Process Like?
To determine the best possible treatment options for a patient’s smile makeover, our cosmetic dentists will first perform an oral examination to evaluate the unique needs of the patient. They will also discuss what concerns the patient has with their smile and what they hope to achieve from their treatment. Once the patient’s needs have been established, our dentists will recommend the most beneficial options that can help them achieve their desired outcome.
Depending on the specific treatments involved in a patient’s smile design, the process may be performed in a single procedure or over multiple visits. The details of a patient’s smile makeover will be discussed during their initial appointment so they know what to expect throughout the process. Our goal is for patients to be well-informed about their treatment, helping them feel confident as they obtain the smile of their dreams.
How Much Does a Smile Design and Makeover Cost?
Since the smile makeover is custom-designed for each patient’s unique needs, the cost of the combination procedure will vary. In addition to the types of treatments involved in the smile design, certain factors may affect the total cost, such as:
- Potential dental work needed prior to the smile makeover, such as root canal therapy or gum disease treatment
- If sedation dentistry is utilized
- The types of materials used in restorations like veneers and crowns
- Other laboratory costs
Once a treatment plan has been finalized during the initial appointment, our staff can provide a more accurate cost quote.
Choosing a Smile Makeover Dentist
A smile makeover is an all-encompassing treatment plan designed to improve many different aspects of your teeth and smile, necessitating the expertise of a dentist who is well-qualified to optimize the shape, length, color, and alignment of your teeth within the context of your cosmetic goals. While this can make the research process seem daunting, you can increase the likelihood of achieving the outcome you desire by selecting a dentist who offers:
- Comprehensive Care: With a smile makeover, it is not uncommon for cosmetic dentistry techniques to be complemented by periodontal treatment, tooth extractions, implant placement, or other adjunctive procedures to improve your oral health. While this depends on each patient’s unique needs, enlisting a dental team with experience in cosmetic dentistry as well as orthodontics, restorative care, and general dentistry can help ensure you are receiving the highest quality of care at every stage of treatment, regardless of whatever dental needs may arise.
- Aesthetic Expertise: Unlike dental treatment intended to optimize your oral health, a smile makeover is primarily a cosmetic procedure that requires knowledge in aesthetic principles like symmetry, proportion, and facial harmony to achieve an exceptional result. To gauge whether your prospective dentist is able to create a new smile that blends in naturally with your appearance, you can take a look at before-and-after photos to get an idea of the previous outcomes achieved with a smile makeover.
- Unmatched Patient Satisfaction: Your smile makeover should be performed with the highest standards of care and take place with as much comfort and efficiency as possible. Be sure to read patient reviews from a multitude of platforms to gain an idea of what the smile makeover process is like, as well as the levels of overall satisfaction experienced by previous patients.
- The Latest Dental Technology: In most cases, the use of cutting-edge dental technology can make your smile makeover experience more convenient, relaxing, and pleasant. At the Dental Professionals of Fair Lawn, our dentists utilize advanced equipment and treatment protocols— such as state-of-the-art smile imaging, sedation dentistry, and same-day restoration technology—to decrease turnaround time, help you relax during treatment, and allow you to visualize the potential results of your smile makeover before treatment begins.
For more information about the smile makeover process, or to schedule your appointment with one of our experienced cosmetic dentists, please contact Dental Professionals of Fair Lawn.