Will Invisalign® Work for Me?
Invisalign® has quickly become a popular alternative to traditional braces for a number of reasons: clear plastic aligners rather than bulky metal brackets, easier maintenance for cleaning the teeth, and exceptional results for many patients. Invisalign® can be a good option for many individuals, depending on their individual needs and goals. Common cosmetic concerns that can be addressed with Invisalign® include:
- Overly crowded teeth: when there is not enough space between the teeth
- Gapped teeth: when there is extra space that surrounds the teeth
- Underbite: when the lower teeth rest in front of the upper teeth
- Overbite: when the upper teeth rest too far in front of the lower teeth
- Crossbite: when the upper and lower teeth are both misaligned
- Open bite: when the lower and upper teeth do not meet when the mouth is closed
All of these types of teeth misalignment and bite issues can be significantly improved with Invisalign®. With that in mind, it’s important to note that Invisalign® is typically more ideal for patients who have mild to moderate orthodontic concerns; another technique may be recommended for those with more severe issues. That said, Invisalign® has proven to be effective for a vast range of common orthodontic problems, so the best way to learn if you are a good candidate for treatment with Invisalign® is to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists.
To learn more about Invisalign®, or to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists, please contact Dental Professionals of Fair Lawn today.